Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet
Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet
Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet
hovudside aktivitetar historie kurs og konferanse fasilitetar galleri lenkjer kontakt oss
lakseslottet
trans trans
History
Lakseslottet

The English aristocrat Montagu Waldo Sibthorp came to Suldal for the first time in 1884. The spectacular landscape in the Western part of Norway made a strong impression on him. Already the following year he built Lakseslottet, so that he and his family had a permanent residence in Ryfylke. The "Lord" leased the rights to fish salmon along huge stretches of the river Suldalslågen. Lord Sibthorp came from the English city Lincoln.

Lakseslottet bySuldalslågen was named after his home town and was given the name Lindum, which is the roman name for Lincoln.During summer and fall for nearly 30 years the place was visited by enthusiastic Englishmen, who fished for salmon or went hunting in the varied and exciting landscape of Ryfylke.

In the time between the 1. and 2. World War Lincoln’s property was turned into a home for boys who were threatened with tuberculosis. The ghost at Lindum, named the reliable nurse, is known from this time.

Lakseslottet

After Worl War 2 Lindum was used as nursery home, or ”resting home for exhausted housewives” and later as both a host for courses and retirement. The house has allways been hospitable.

 

Today Lakseslottet has visitors from Norway and abroad just as the English Lord had more than 100 years ago. The circle is closed.

Lakseslottet

Click here for more images

Lakseslottet Lakseslottet Lakseslottet
norsk english deutsch Norsk Plan